Advanced search  

News:

WE ARE ALIVE..... ok well as Zombies we are dead, but we are recruiting. Get the word out

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 48  •  Posts: 16391  •  Topics: 2135  • 
Please welcome veganigondal, our newest member.

Author Topic: Gears of War Ultimate Edition  (Read 1524 times)

narmour

• ZombiePimp Caporegime
  • Wasteland Insomniac
  • Grandmaster Pimp
  • : 323
  • narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!
  • Gamertag:
  • Pedo Bear
  • Awards Kill for a Kill -  Kill a ZP the most & have that ZP kill you the most in return Words Beyond Measure - User has posted over 600 times. Tag, you're it! - Obtain a ZombiePimp's dogtag on Battlefield. Helping Hand - Has gone out of their way to help another Pimp. Charity Man - Has donated a quality weapon to a good cause. Aww, bless. Quickdraw - User has pulled off 3 consecutive headshots will the Boltok pistol!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Gears of War Ultimate Edition
« on: September 14, 2015, 07:15:33 PM »
About 18 Months ago I bought a brand new graphics card for my PC; the AMD R9 290X, I fitted it with a watercooler and overclocked it straight out the box solely for preparation for The Witcher 3. The most anticipated game for me in over 2 generations. The release of the Xbox One came as a big disappointment for me and the initial investment was not worth it. The last few years for gaming has been... very different, with the absense of the ZombiePimps and the classic teams that we had playing Gears of War back in the day made me eager to play Gears of War Ultimate Edition on Xbox One. So I bought one. With the Rare collection of course and I managed to get a decent deal; if all else fails its a pretty expensive bluray player.

I boot up Gears, and play online. I fail badly but after 2 days of solid gaming I managed to get a little spark of the old narmour who was pretty damn good at Gears 1. Many hours were played, but something was missing and that was you guys here at ZombiePimps.

I think its time we rise from the dead once more.

/narm out
Forum Moderator - actively moderating pests like Fenix since 2006

It's true what they say, the grass is always greener when you don't really know what it is you have until it's gone

ValvE42

• Gimli Cheb
  • Mini-Pimp
  • : 11
  • ValvE42 has no influence.
  • Gamertag:
  • Name: Lee
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Gears of War Ultimate Edition
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 01:25:59 PM »
<Liked>
Those that live by the sword get shot by those who dont

Lethal Hunter

• Gamerscore Whore
  • Global Moderator
  • Grandmaster Pimp
  • : 325
  • Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!
  • Gamertag:
  • I am the Master of Unlocking Achievements!
  • Awards Halo Kart Champion - User won the Halo Grand Prix! Quickdraw - User has pulled off 3 consecutive headshots will the Boltok pistol! The Highlander Award - There can be only one! Mythic - User has achieved the impossible! Houdini - User is #1 in The Escapist Magazine's Xbox LIVE Leaderboards! Torque 2 the Face - Scored a double headshot with a single Torque Bow bolt.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 04:52:26 PM »
As much as i wish this would happen, i fear it wont.

FenixFromFlames

• The Little Mermaid
  • Grandmaster Pimp
  • : 405
  • FenixFromFlames is an Eternal ZombiePimp!FenixFromFlames is an Eternal ZombiePimp!FenixFromFlames is an Eternal ZombiePimp!FenixFromFlames is an Eternal ZombiePimp!FenixFromFlames is an Eternal ZombiePimp!FenixFromFlames is an Eternal ZombiePimp!FenixFromFlames is an Eternal ZombiePimp!FenixFromFlames is an Eternal ZombiePimp!FenixFromFlames is an Eternal ZombiePimp!FenixFromFlames is an Eternal ZombiePimp!FenixFromFlames is an Eternal ZombiePimp!FenixFromFlames is an Eternal ZombiePimp!FenixFromFlames is an Eternal ZombiePimp!FenixFromFlames is an Eternal ZombiePimp!FenixFromFlames is an Eternal ZombiePimp!FenixFromFlames is an Eternal ZombiePimp!
  • Gamertag:
  • Narmour is a sausage jockey!
  • Awards Five of a Kind - Kill all 5 enemies in a single round of Warzone or Execution. Remember Reach - Won the race to 1000/1000 on Halo: Reach. Fearless - Killed a grizzly bear with a knife. Made it go Boom! - Earned a nuke and flash-fried everyone in MW2! Mammal Lover - User won the Dolphin Olympics tournament! 'Nade a Mess of Things - User has taken out 4 enemies with a single Frag!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 07:19:56 PM »
The issue I have is that I've switched platforms twice now: 360 > PC > PS4 and I'm not sure I can justify getting an Xbox One as well  :-\

Maybe the answer is to get rid of the PS4 and get a One instead?  Just need my FIFA partner in crime to agree to that  ::)

<a href="http://www.zombiepimps.net/FenixSig.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.zombiepimps.net/FenixSig.swf</a>
"I'm handing out whup ass & lollipops, but I'm fresh out of lollipops!"

narmour

• ZombiePimp Caporegime
  • Wasteland Insomniac
  • Grandmaster Pimp
  • narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!narmour is an Eternal ZombiePimp!
  • Gamertag:
  • Pedo Bear
  • Awards Kill for a Kill -  Kill a ZP the most & have that ZP kill you the most in return Words Beyond Measure - User has posted over 600 times. Tag, you're it! - Obtain a ZombiePimp's dogtag on Battlefield. Helping Hand - Has gone out of their way to help another Pimp. Charity Man - Has donated a quality weapon to a good cause. Aww, bless. Quickdraw - User has pulled off 3 consecutive headshots will the Boltok pistol!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 09:28:36 PM »
There's some decent titles hitting the Xbox One now; Gears 1, Gears 4, Halo 5, Battlefront, Rare Collection, Fallout 4 (although a PC title for myself and many), Doom, New Forza etc

Granted not all Xbox One exclusives, but I think with DX12 on the horizon and the recent Windows 10 release - Microsoft are going to have to start delivering in order to consolidate their hold on the gaming segment.

Lethal - do you own an Xbox One?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 09:34:28 PM by narmour »

It's true what they say, the grass is always greener when you don't really know what it is you have until it's gone

Lethal Hunter

• Gamerscore Whore
  • Global Moderator
  • Grandmaster Pimp
  • Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!Lethal Hunter is an Eternal ZombiePimp!
  • Gamertag:
  • Awards Halo Kart Champion - User won the Halo Grand Prix! Quickdraw - User has pulled off 3 consecutive headshots will the Boltok pistol! The Highlander Award - There can be only one! Mythic - User has achieved the impossible! Houdini - User is #1 in The Escapist Magazine's Xbox LIVE Leaderboards! Torque 2 the Face - Scored a double headshot with a single Torque Bow bolt.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 12:20:37 PM »
Yes, but not gears.

narmour

• ZombiePimp Caporegime
  • Wasteland Insomniac
  • Grandmaster Pimp
  • Gamertag:
  • Pedo Bear
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 08:59:34 PM »
I'll buy you gears to play gears

Lethal Hunter

• Gamerscore Whore
  • Global Moderator
  • Grandmaster Pimp
  • Gamertag:
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 09:32:47 PM »
Send me a code for it then. ;)

XaiXo

• The Zombie Pimp
  • Administrator
  • Eternal Pimp from beyond the Grave
  • : 1076
  • XaiXo is an Eternal ZombiePimp!XaiXo is an Eternal ZombiePimp!XaiXo is an Eternal ZombiePimp!XaiXo is an Eternal ZombiePimp!XaiXo is an Eternal ZombiePimp!XaiXo is an Eternal ZombiePimp!XaiXo is an Eternal ZombiePimp!XaiXo is an Eternal ZombiePimp!XaiXo is an Eternal ZombiePimp!XaiXo is an Eternal ZombiePimp!XaiXo is an Eternal ZombiePimp!XaiXo is an Eternal ZombiePimp!XaiXo is an Eternal ZombiePimp!XaiXo is an Eternal ZombiePimp!XaiXo is an Eternal ZombiePimp!XaiXo is an Eternal ZombiePimp!
  • Gamertag:
  • "It's a helluva thing..."
  • Awards Royal Flush - User won against impossible odds. A Promise is a Promise - Marshall was right - Level 100 in Gears 2 is possible! All that glitters... - Get a Platinum Star on any weapon. Mythic - User has achieved the impossible! Legendary Postin' Pimp - User has posted over 1000 times! Laser King - Has shown unmatched skill with the Spartan Laser.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2015, 12:06:07 PM »
Need more time and money!

I'd love to smash Gears some more, but I don't have an Xbox One, LIVE, or Gears…I'm vaguely interested in Halo 5 too but the MP looks "eh".

What's Gears Anniversary like?

narmour

• ZombiePimp Caporegime
  • Wasteland Insomniac
  • Grandmaster Pimp
  • Gamertag:
  • Pedo Bear
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2015, 12:03:03 PM »
Its a right blast from the past only much better with the 60fps kick!

Page created in 0.489 seconds with 76 queries.